Tuesday, December 1, 2009

WOW. Last Post from Swaziland!

Well I just got back from a great dinner with the Van Wyk's. A family that I've grown very fond of since I've been here. They took me to pizza. I didnt even know there was a Pizza Restaurant here. But it was good. And I have leftovers for my LOOOOONG Shuttle drive to the Airport tomorrow.

I still can't believe that this is my Last Night in Swaziland. Tomorrow night I'll be sleeping on a plane. Or staying up all night watching movies. I love plane movies. I wish I could use my 5 hours at the Joe Burg airport to write this post. Or my 7 Hour layover at the Zurich airport to write this. But I have no clue if they will have computers with Internet for me to use. So I'll write it now. Plus Im not really tired.

Today I got to go to New Hope and get some of the used shirts from the kids. Some genius in San Diego is going to cut up the old shirts and patch them onto new shirts and sell them. I KNOW! Its a great idea. So for every shirt we got we gave money for the kids to go pick out a new shirt. So the Kids give an old shirt and get a new shirt. Then you buy a new shirt with the kids old shirt patched on. EVERYONE WINS. At least I think thats how it works. So I went and did that and then went with a friend to the border to pay some fee. When I got back the kids were all outside playing. This was my first time going back to New Hope since I got back from Kenya. It was good but also hard. One of the young girls (Jamima) kept pulling my arm when I was trying to leave and saying "noooo cory!! Your not leaving!!!" I seriously wanted to cry. Those kids are so amazing. I know I say that a lot but its hard to get it unless you see it. I mean these kids who have always felt unwanted. These kids who would do ANYTHING to have a REAL mother or REAL father who loves and cares for them. I mean we can pretend to be their parents or their brother but there is something about REALL Blood relatives. I know any of those kids would do anything to have their real mother or father show them love.

The more I think about the kids the less I get excited about leaving tomorrow. Its like a emotional roller coaster! One second I am happy to come home and the next I think or Judith's laugh. Or I think of Chloe's smile. Or the way Tabatha always has to have a hand touching mine when i'm close. I honestly hate the fact that I get to leave and go home to my comfortable lifestyle and they have to stay in the same place.

Oh and Marianne thank you so much for your words. Its so good to see that God is touching people through my words. But dont EVER stop following. My whole life is an adventure. So I will be continuing this BLOG after I get back. It will be especially good if I get to take my RV tour.

Although this part of my life story is coming to a close, my story goes on.

Do you guys realize that God is doing something HUGE? Everyone knows it. Just ask around. Young people are getting fired up. They are being challenged. They are realizing that God isn't just an addition to our boring life but a transforming life ingredient. Do you WANT to see God? Because He wants to show himself to you! Go out on a limb. Dont just give a homeless guy money but invite him to lunch, or better yet bring him into YOUR HOME for lunch. You know that person you always see at the coffee shop or library or school that always looks like they could use a encouraging word? ENCOURAGE THEM! Shine Gods Love On The World At All Costs.

I am so excited to see what God has next for me.

If you havent signed up for my Mailing List then go to WWW.CoryWay.FanBridge.com

Well thats it for today. If Internet is accessible I will maybe write whats on my mind.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!

P.S. I LOVE Kaitlin Weaver!

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

cory william way!!!
you just made my day! :]
i get to see you soon.
I can't wait you big ol' loon!
We will be face to face.
after i leave this place.
have a safe trip back.
i'm real sorry to hear about your mac.
i'm getting better at this rhyming
now just gotta fix my timing.
maybe we can play our little game.
altho, without africa it just won't be the same.
I love you cory william way.
and no, that's not just something i say!

Sharla M. said...

Funny, but for some reason reading this post makes me want to cry... I know you're excited to come home and see your friends and family, but I also know what it's like to live with your heart in 2 places... literally, worlds apart...

My heart aches for the children who will miss you so much and for all the other lives that I know you've touched...

But it also aches for you and how much I know you'll miss all of them... I don't for a second mean to discourage you, but I don't think your transition is going to be easy...

By the way, pick up Donald Miller's newest book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years... I had such a deep appreciation for it after this last trip to Africa... This statement probably won't mean much until you read it, but when you come home, I'm certain that you're going to find yourself longing for a bigger story...the one you've tasted during your time in Africa...

Praying for you my awesome guitar strumming 'brother' from the west... P.S. With a mom who uses her oven for her mailbox, did you really think I'd know how to make biscuits from scratch? LOL!!

Many blessings and safe travels!
Sharla