Friday, October 2, 2009

Another Update.

Hellllloooooo

Well another week gone by. Really fast actually. I’ve realized that if I focus on the distance from now until I come home it goes by slow. But if I look at it one week at a time it goes by very fast.

I’m writing this on Friday Night and I’m waking up tomorrow morning at 6:00 to catch the bus into town where I can use the internet to post it on my Blog. But what’s weird is my Saturday Morning is your Friday Night. So I’m kinda writing this the same time you’ll be reading it. Does that Blow Your Mind?!

I have a pretty steady schedule now. I work in the kitchen on Mon and Thur and I work in the shamba (farm) Tue Thur and Fri. I’m also starting Guitar Lessons with the kids on 4 days a week. My first group will be Sunday, and I’m kind of scared. I remember when we brought the guitars in 2007 me and Brandon tried to give lessons and it was out of control. Kids wouldn’t focus and kept strumming like it was going out of style. It would be easier if I got to work one on one but that’s not working out. So I got about 4 kids to a class.

Also they want me to teach all of the kids some worship songs, which has been amazing. Probably the best part of my whole trip so far. One worship song every week. This week it was “Lord I Give You My Heart” and the kids loved it. It’s crazy how much I miss worship. Leading it and just being a part of it. Most of the songs we sing here are in Kikewu so I don’t understand any of it.

I bought my ticket home. I’ll be landing in LA on Thursday December 3rd at 4:45PM. Mom you down to pick me up? We could go to dinner on our way home! Ohhhh mannnnn. The hardest part about being here is missing my family but coming in close second is the food. I haven’t had meat since I’ve been here. I talked them into letting me make my own lunch so that’s been nice. Every day this is my food: Breakfast- One slice of bread with peanut butter, Lunch- PB&Honey sandwich with 2 carrots and 5 crackers, Dinner- Cabbage and Ugali. I usually take about 4 bites of the dinner then pass it on to the kids to split. Because of this I’ve lost a lot of weight in the past week. I’m sure I’ll gain it all back as soon as I get home. I’d give my left arm for a Double Double. So Mom let me know about pickin me up. We can spend a couple nights at the cabin then go to the Family Christmas party on Saturday.

Well I guess that’s it. Sorry that I havent been able to put up any pictures. I will when I get back to Swaziland. Well I Love and Miss you all.

P.S. My mom has a prayer Garden and she looks out her kitchen window every morning and prays. This is what she put up for Anton.



I seriously have the greatest mom ever.

Peace&Love…SPREAD IT!!

No comments: