Saturday, October 17, 2009

Yet Another.

Saturday:
Well it was another good Saturday. I told David its my Sabbath day cause on Sunday I have to go to church and give Guitar Lessons. Sadly church here is Kind of a chore. Never thought I’d say it but it’s too loud. I know I sound like an old man. I think the problem is Africans got used to preaching w/o a microphone. So they preach LOUD. Although now they have a microphone and they still scream. But it is better than nothing. I bought stuff to make Kezzia and David an American dinner. Tomorrow night is Cheese Burgers, Corn, and Green beans. Just like my dad likes. Also I ate meat today for the first time in 3 weeks. I found a place that has Samosas. They were actually REALLY good. So far since I’ve been here one of Kezzia’s uncles has died and one of David’s cousins has died. It’s sad. I wonder if it’s always like that. Next Saturday I’ll be over the peak of my stay. GNight.

Sunday:
Got to sleep in a little today. Pretty slow day. I went to church and then came back and watched a movie with Kezzia. Also tonight I made dinner for her and David. I cooked burgers in a skillet and some Sweet Baby Corn and some green beans(Chinese style with Soy Sauce). I learned that one from Brandon. Turned out pretty good but David said the burgers were to spicy. I thought they were good. Well that's it for today. Till Tomorrow....Stay Classy San Diego (and wherever you are)

Monday:
I think my favorite part of these days are the computer class. It's nice to know a lot about something. Any question the kids ask I can usually give a good answer. Maybe I'll take some Jr College class's. In High School I never wanted to learn but lately its been so appealing. After I travel in my RV of coarse. Also I got invited to go to Nairobi with the kids on Friday! I think were going to some Animal place. I'm excited to get away. I got some kind of spider bite on my hand and its lookin weird. It left a mark the size of a dime with white dots all around it. Maybe I should get it checked out. Lets see if it clears up this week. GNight.

Tuesday:
Today was tough. Walked to the Shamba and harvested more Potatoes and prepared some soil to be planted. I got to walk alone this time which was actually really cool. Being able to take my time and admire Gods creation. Got some pretty cool pictures. These days really are flying by. Tomorrows already Wednesday. Also I got some good news today! Mama Jon wants me to spend a week at Merciful Redeemer. Which is a Children's Home in Nairobi we worked at in July. It will be good to see those kids again. So I'll be going there some time next week. Tonight I got to teach the kids another song. Your Grace Is Enough. I LOVE hearing these kids sing. That's it. PeacEasy.

Wednesday:
mmmmm I just got done eating Chicken Peri-Peri Pizza! It was good. Not like Pizza Port or BJ's Good. But good nonetheless. Today was good. Mostly helping in Computer Class and a little in the Kitchen. Kezzia went to stay in Nairobi for a little while. So I told her we have to meet up when I'm there before my flight. Crazy to think that in a month I'll be on my way to Swaziland. Thats All Folks. Night.

Thursday:
Baked bread and taught the kids in Computer Class. Today the teacher had to leave so he left me hangin! But it worked out. The kids are pretty good when your teaching but as soon as you set them free to work it gets out of hand. Oh yeah and I forgot to tell you that the other day a Cow actually let me pet her! Most cows are scared of me. I think its cause I'm white. But anyone else will walk us and pat it on the back then as soon as I approach it runs. But the other day one little naive White and Brown one didnt know to be scared of white people. It was so funny cause I was slowly approaching it head on and she kind of looked at me and froze. Then as soon as I was about to scratch her head another older black cow from the other side of the fence who was looking right at us went "MOOOOOOOOOOO." It was funny cause it sounded like someone in slow motion saying "NOOOOOOO!!!" But the little cow didnt listen. I scratched her head and she loved it. I swear i saw her back leg come up to scratch like a Dog. I've pet her twice since then. Were friends. But she wont tell the other Cows not to be scared of me. Ok thats all. I'm stoked for tomorrow. Field Trip to Nairobi!!!

Friday:
Today I woke up at 4:30 and got on a school bus with a bunch of kids for a field trip to Nairobi. Overall it was a good day. We went to a Museum and got to see a lot of history about Kenya, to the Parliament building (but couldn't go in cause it was too crowded), to a place where they did Kenyan performances like Dance and music, and to an animal orphanage. The best part was a toss up between the music and the orphanage. At the orphanage they had tons of animals that had stuff wrong so they couldn't be released into the wild. I saw tons of Lions, and monkeys up close! The worst part of the day was the little girl who sat next to be on the bus. At first I thought a made a good choice with my seat partner. She was 6, her name was Nelly, she endless amounts of food in her backpack. But that good choice turned bad about halfway through the day. She was nice and shy at first but as soon as she got to know me she turned evil. Started stealing my camera and pinching my arm and blowing
REALLY hard in my ear. At one point i saw her spitting something into her hand and I thought it was sunflower seeds or something. Nope. Turned out it was just spit and she wiped it on my head. I KNOW! I was soooo mad. She doesn't live at Tumaini she just goes to the school. But I changed buses after the spit incident. Like I said overall it was a good day.

Wrap it Up:
Well this next week will be different. I will be going to Merciful Redeemer on Tuesday for a week. They dont have electricity or clean water.... soooo Cold showers it is. I'm excited for something different though. Also please pray that I am safe from sickness. As you know I didnt bring Malaria pills and Merciful redeemer is in a Malaria prone area. God will protect me. Oh yeah and that spider bite... turns out its not a spider bite. I think its ringworm. GROSSSS. it itches like CRAZY. And I think I got it from that freakin cow I pet! No More Touching Cows. Well looking forward to hearing from you next Saturday.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!

2 comments:

Judi Wat said...

Hello Cory William Way, get your ring-warm checked. Its a easy fix, kids get it all the time in day-care or school. You probably got it from the children and not the cute cow. Make sure your on it ASAP so it doesn't spread. Stay well hydrated and get your sleep and wash your hands and food when you can! Please let me help you clean out your body when you get home!
Wormword herb or black walnut or clove tea is some thoughts on cleansing out worms. I love and stay happy and safe! Love you always and forever. Mom

Pastor Mark said...

Hey Cor-man...listen to your mother! We miss you and can't wait to see you...know we are praying for you and love you lots!

Blessings,

P. Mark