Friday, October 23, 2009

Thursday:
Today I went into town to reply to some e-mails and update the BLOG. I also got to go to the place we stayed in July and eat Chicken and Chips…. SOOOOO good. The problem with most food here is that it lacks Spices. For dinner at Merciful Redeemer we usually have some mixture of Beans, Cow Peas (IDK what these are), Rice, and greens. Last night when I was eating it I realized it would taste real good with some spicy sauce, so I bought some in town to day and I was right. So far I’ve counted about 8 Skeeter Bites. It keeps me praying. Tonight the sky was so clear. Lake Havasu clear. And I was marveling at how amazing God is. I mean the fact that when I’m looking at the moon, I’m looking at the reflection of the sun, the same sun that’s up above all of you right now. CRAZY. Well tomorrow I help dig trenches for a green house. I’m actually excited. I haven’t don’t any hard labor for a couple days. Love U All.

Friday:
Today I spent most of my time digging in some harrrrd soil. Merciful Redeemer is in the middle of one of the drought areas. Usually at Tumaini we would get rain at least once a day. And so far while I’ve been here it hasn’t rained once. On my way to town on Thursday we drove by 3 dead cows that died because of the drought. And now that the generator to get water out of the bore hole is busted they are really praying for a miracle here. Although it didn’t rain today God did bless us with great work weather…once again. It was cloudy and started to sprinkle like 4 times. The kind of sprinkle that usually leads to a downpour but it never came. The first day I got here there was a little girl who was walking around the water tank and when she saw me she turned to go the other way. Since most girls here are just shy around me (but like when I chase them) I decided to go around the tank and meet her face on. When I met her I said “AHHHH” and she screamed and started crying really loud. I felt bad. Ever since then she is the only one who is scared of me. Whenever I walk into a room she just starts to ball. Hah. Poor girl. So we are digging for another green house where they are going to grow strawberries! MMMMM. Oh and today I saw them cut a chickens head off!!! It was awesome and I got it on video so I’ll post it for you later. Juuuuust kiddddding. Today someone told me that Obama bought the President of Kenya a Hummer. Doubt it. Well another post coming next week! Aren’t you proud of my Coffee Fast? Although the other day at Bishop David’s house his wife said “would you like some coffee?” And I said “heck yes!” After all I just did this Fast to make it so I’m not depending on coffee to wake up. Then she brought it and it was weak. I could see through it to the bottom of my mug. More like coffee flavored tea. GNight.

Today the driver took a shortcut through the trash dump. It’s crazy how much trash there was and how man people were digging through it trying to find anything to salvage. At one point as far as I could see was littered with trash. And there are these HUGE birds that are all over digging through the trash as well! My battery is gonna die soon on my computer so I’ll ttyl.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy your updates, so pleased to hear(read)that you are liking it better @ MR. I know the kids love you dearly----what a blessing for them having you there.

Praying for rain, will pray harder.
Take care.
Oh,almost forgot to tell you, Sharla is on her way back to Swaziland, they are leaving next Sunday (Nov.1st).
Sweet Blessings to you,
Melba

Anonymous said...

So proud of you Cory William Way.
May God keep you safe and tummy full of healthy food. Can't wait to hug you........love, mother