Monday, September 14, 2009

In Transit To Kenya.

Hey everyone.

I just boarded the plane from Manzini, Swaziland to JoBurg, South Africa. Aahhhhh sick!! Some sticky thing just fell from the ceiling onto my leg. Gotta love this small plane. This flight is about 35 minutes so we pretty much take off then land. Then I have about an hour in JoeBurg and I will be on the way to Kenya. One thing I forgot to mention was I didn’t buy any Malaria pills, Or Travelers insurance. I figured I could stay longer that way. My friend paid $800 for 3 months of travelers insurance!

Ok this next thing is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever attempted. I’m giving up coffee. I KNOW!!! And yes I AM crazy. I at least wanna go a couple months. I’m sick of relying on it. Its like I cant wake up in the morning without it. So I left my Coffee Press at Shirley’s. She miss’s me already I can tell.

Mmmm Chicken or Tuna sandwich? After the mysterious sticky thing I’m not that hungry. I cant wait to see how much has been done at Canaan when I get back.

One more thing in the works. I talked to my bro Austin and he really wants to come to Africa next year!! How amazing would it be for all four of the Way bro’s to be on a missions trip?!? So I started looking at funds and seeing about just staying here till July and flying home with them. Didn’t look promising. The flight home was REALLLY expensive. So I have a flight coming back to Swaziland in Feb. I was thinking about heading home soon thereafter and putting my left over cash into an account for the trip in July. Austin has such a big place in his heart for kids and I KNOW spending time with the kids here would be a HUGE blessing on both sides. It would only be a few hundred that I would be able to put towards next year but its better than nothing. Since I’m just getting home I’m not sure who is going to be willing to donate again. Its like “HEY I’m HOME!!! Now give me more money to leave again!” But WOW I cant tell you how amazing it would be to step foot on African soil with ALL of the Way Boys. That’s the selfish side of me speakin.

Did I ever tell you about when I got kicked in the jaw at a church function? Now when I blow my nose air comes out of my right ear. And when I fly on planes my right ear never has to pop. BUT on long flights it KILLLS when I land. I wonder if there will be planes in heaven? With pools inside.

Peace&Love…SPREAD IT!!!

P.S. I just got to the JoBurg airport and found out they now have Vanilla Latte’s…..Maybe ONE MORE coffee… :-)

2 comments:

Judi Way said...

Good morning sweetheart! Wow you sound like your having fun! A busy boy aren't you? Please don't worry about $ to get you back to Africa - Let God take care of the details.
It's easier for me to HAND you the $ then to blast it you on paypal. I still am confused...anyway try tea for now, its sooo good for you.
Love your mother who is so proud.

Nancy Clark said...

Hi Cory,
So glad that you're in Kenya. I know that's been on your heart for a long time now. The caffeine thing is not easy but God will help you with it. Wayne and I will pray for this time to be very fulfilling for you and a great blessing to the kids there.
Love, Nancy and Wayne