Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wellll what a day.

I just got back from hanging out with Joshua all day. It's kinda hard to explain but this planting of Corn is going to save there home. The home that Joshua wants to move into someday isn't being occupied right now. Its the house he grew up in and when his parents split up his mom went to live with her father and his dad moved in with his new wife. So the house was just sitting there. And the community was trying to sell the property and split the money. BUT NOW!!! Since they are planting there Joshua's brother agreed to stay at the home and take care of the harvest!!! It didn't click till today but Joshua called me a few weeks back saying "Please pray for my home. They are trying to sell it!" HOLY COW! We thought we were just buying them some seed and it turns out we were saving Joshua's house from being SOLD! I LOVE how God asks us to do something little and once we agree to do it He's like "OK NOW you'll see what I REALLY wanted to do all along"

So we started out by going to the "abandoned" house and planting the Tree's. Two Orange and Two Mango. Though I didn't get to plow (thank the Lord!!) and plant Corn I got to put tree's in the ground and get a picture of Joshua next to it.


Next we got to meet his two brothers in town and I was able to buy them all Lunch. Later I found out that one of his brothers had walked miles into town to try to get his cell phone fixed. (yeah they all have them here). But he didn't have any money for food or any money to pay for his cell phone. He didn't even ask for me to buy him lunch even though he hadn't eaten all day.


After lunch we went to Joshua's Mothers home and I got to give her the cash left over from donations. After buying 10KG's of Top Dressing and 15KG's of Fertilizer and 1KG of Seed I had about 500 Rand left over. So I gave it to her along with a Letter and Picture from her Spiritual Sponsor Family AND a picture of the church that agreed to pray for them. She was so happy and immediately grabbed my hands and started praying. Giving thanks to God for everyone who helped. THEN guess what she prayed for?!?! OUR PROSPERITY!!! I was blown away. I don't even want to get started but in my head I was thinking "does she even KNOW how blessed we are with 'stuff' already?"


So we finished the day off by going to New Hope Centre and hangin with the kids. Those kids are amazing. It was hard to say goodbye. Although the fact that I will be back in Feb. helps. Fact. Hmmmm. Interesting words. What's a "Fact" anyways? "A truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true" Say's Dictionary.Com. So if that's the case there is nothing Factual about the Future. I like the way that sounds.

Well Tomorrow is Church. Then packing so I can FLY to Kenya!!! I'll probably update up the plane or at JoeBurg airport. I know that place WAY to well now.

And how and I finishing my day? A Skype with my Bro Austin Way. I cant tell you how happy I am for my brother Austin. I hope he doesn't care that I mentioning this. He is SO on fire for God right now and its settin me on fire as well. This is a guy who used to use ANY excuse in the book not to come to FLOOD with me. I would call him and be like "Hey what are you doing tonight?" and he'd say "Nothin planned" and I'd say "Wanna FLOOD it up?!" and he'd say "ahhhh ohhhh mannn I totally forgot I gotta do some homework" hahah RIIIIIGHT!! Anyways this same guy is going to FLOOD EVERY week now and he loves it. I thank God for what he's doing in Austins life. I also thank God for Nelson. If it wasn't for Nelson, Austin would pretty much be flyin solo right now.

hah Look at this picture I found of when Kayla cut my Dredz off.

Signing out from a great day.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a day---I KNOW your heart was blessed!

Now I am praying Mark 4:8b "It came up, grew, and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times." (I am praying for the hundred!)

Have a safe trip. Melba