Friday, September 18, 2009

Kenya At Last.

Hey. I should have written a post saying I arrived safe but I forgot sorry.

I Got Here Safe!!! So far its been…interesting. At first they put me in a house down the road. A scary, dark, cold, lonely house. I guess usually they have room in the boys dorm for the guests but they have some kids whose parents are paying for them to stay here. So David asked me if I wanted to stay in the extra room in his house. Thank the Lord. Also there is a girl who is in charge of my meals. I can either eat what she makes me down in the lonely house. Or I can eat with the kids if I eat what they eat. Which sometimes is OK, but sometimes is different. I also ate with David and Kezzia once. They put a plate in front of me that seemed to have about 30 tiny fish mixed with Gravy. Whole fish. Head, Eyes, Scales… all that good stuff. I said it was good but I think they knew I was lying because I gagged a couple times.

Plus they feed me more food in one meal then I eat in a day. Although everyone who can get food eats a lot. Even the kids have a HUGE pile of food on their plate. And you have to get used to being called fat. When they make me eat a lot I used to say “Your gonna make me fat!!” Untill I heard “your already fat” a few times. Its ok. I think I’ll drop some LB’s from being here.

Today was my first day of REAL work. We had to walk to a garden and harvest some oats. I didn’t realize the garden was going to be MILES from Tumaini. I forgot water AND sunscreen. I’m hurting bad right now. Sun burned AND sore. It was cool though cause we had to carry these HUGE bundles of Oats from all over the farm to the corner where the truck could pick them up. And after the first bundle I was DYING. I’m so out of shape. So I was praying “Ok God you have got to help me out here…I cant do this all day” Then I seemed to be fine. Sounds cheesy I know but I never rested and prayed for about 5 minutes then for the whole day I didn’t get as tired as I was on the first bundle. God is Good.

I’m seriously praying about taking an adventure into the bush of Kenya. More info later.

Also I’m sorry to say I wont be able to update my blog as much as I used to. I have to pay David by the minute so I just have to write my blog on Word and then copy and past it online. Don’t forget to check every weekend.

Wow 5 Months. It’s not going to be easy. Pray for me Please.

Peace&Love…SPREAD IT!!

6 comments:

Judi Way said...

Oh Cory - be brave, sweetheart...I am praying for you and hold you in my arms daily (pretending)and I can't help but remember you as a toddler putting snails in your mouth and munching on them. Get rest and drink good water and stretch as much as you can! (remember Roll-up and down, slowly.............) Look up to the stars at night and know Fallbrook misses Cory William Way!
I do too. Your Mother -Judi

Sharla M. said...

Will be praying for you... and p.s. nothing God does in response to prayer ever sounds cheesy!! That's what I love about Africa, you just see Him in ways that we don't in the USA because we just don't depend on Him enough! Will look forward to reading your updates on the weekend!

Nancy and Wayne said...

Hi Cory,
What a challenging week! What a special time for you to totally depend on God as the African children do each and every day. I know He who called you there will meet you in special ways. We're praying for you and look forward to your updates. Canaan is going well. Wayne's heading back to help Kaleli get started the beginning of October. Blessings!
Nancy and Wayne

candice said...

Kenya is different. Kind of like the wild, wild, west.

Michelle said...

If praying for God to help you through something laborious is lame, then I am lame at least 3 times a week because I pray before every run. I know it makes a difference. Besides, what's cheesy about conversing with God?? It doesn't matter what you are talking to him about because He wants to be engaged in conversation with you.

Unknown said...

Hey Brother,
Make sure you tell everyone that I say hi and that I love and miss them. I can't believe how busy things are here. It seems like you've been gone for way to long. We are praying for you. Try to get a hold of me sometime.
Love you bro,
Brandon