Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back To The Bush...Kind Of.

Hellloooo everybodyyyy!!!

I am spending a couple days up at Project Canaan. We got up here last night and I couldn’t see anything but when I woke up this morning I was AMAZED. Soooo much green! A fire ripped through these hills a while ago so usually I am used to seeing a lot of dead brown trees. But with all the rain they have gotten I can’t see one dead tree in site.

No electricity up here yet so we are using a Generator. Although we keep overloading it, and I’m using a laptop from 1973, so when I was replying to Doug’s e-mail the computer died two times! They have about 12 hectors of Maze planted. ALL BY HAND. Don’t as me how many acres that is. Ask Google. He is smarter than me. But I play guitar better than him. Only bummer part about staying here is NO hot water. Cold Showers it issssss. Anyways I am here till Friday and then heading back to Shirley’s. HFA had a trip planned for next week that got cancelled but a father and son still want to come. So I will be in charge of leading our 3 man painting team. We will be going up to El Shiddai for most of the time and coming back up here to Canaan for a day. Usually when we have groups I get to go to the hotel for dinner. Although since it’s a small group I’m not sure if I’m going to be able sneak in. If I DO get to eat there I will easily gain back all the weight I lost in Kenya in one week. I’ll keep you up to date.

Today at about I was walking back to the building to get my jacket when suddenly I got a major head ache. I sat on my bed for a second then got a major stomach ache! Stomach aches I’m used to now but I NEVER get head aches. I mean unless I get hit in the head or kicked in the jaw. It was weird. But I found some Tylenol and it seemed to help only after I got some rest. The four people living out here on the land are Kenyan’s. Which is cool cause I still get to practice my Swahili. But they cook Ugali. My least favorite Kenya dish. And there are no kids in close proximity that I can give my leftovers too.

So I don’t want to have to deal with this computer shutting down on me anymore so I’m gonna wait till Friday to update again. Sound good…. GOOD.


Peace&Love…SPREAD IT!!!

No comments: