Sunday, November 22, 2009

South Africa & Back

Well I'm back at Shirley's house after an exciting trip to JoeBurg and back.

We left late in the morning because the Burglar broke the gate and we had to call some guy to come look at it. But we finally got on the road and head to the Hotel in Johannesburg to check in. We had planned to get their with ample time to relax before the flight came in but ended up getting lost looking for the Town Lodge. We finally found with barely enough time to check in and head to the airport. We got to the airport and after waiting a while they walked out of Terminal A. Jeff and his nine year old son Conner. We drove back to the Town Lodge to drop their bags and then went to the Rawhide Restaurant next door. I saw "Kingklip" fish on the menu and said "Does the fish come without bones" and she said "sometimes" hah. It was good though. Went back to the Hotel and slept. I didnt get any rest the night before so it was good to sleep.

GOOOOOD NEWWWWSSSS I get to eat at the Hotel! So I WILL gain back all the weight I lost in time to see all your pretty faces. I figure I need to put on my winter coat before coming home.

Jeff and Conner are pretty cool. I'm excited to spend some time w/ them this next week. Jeff works for Verizon and he has the new DROID phone. So that makes him even cooler. I'm still not sure what we will be doing up at the Children's Home this week. I just know were painting something.

Ok Sharla you can be my Southern Sister. As long as your a Sister that makes good biscuits.

Mom for dinner lets do Grandma's famous Chicken Tortilla Casserole. mmmm. But dont worry Ill be eating good this week.

Thats all for now. OH WAIT!! The sun was out ALLLL Day today! God is Gooooood. I can just feel the Maize up at Canaan soaking up the sun. Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming!

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!

3 comments:

Sharla M. said...

Somehow I don't think you're talking about the kind that come from a can... Although, I do have my grandmother's biscuit bowl (it's a decoration on my kitchen table!) and her old biscuit pan...

Glad you got a good night's sleep, have a great week and give the kids a big hug... If you go to El Shaddai, please tell Ndumiso that his soccer shoes are coming in December!! We didn't forget him!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

WaHOOOOO, the sun is shining! I love it when you tell us that prayers are answered! The maze, crops, trees, etc. are growing. I am praying for a yield 100x's what was sown. (Matthew 23:13b)
I do believe your Mom and I went to the same "cooking" school! I
like the way she thinks.
Can't wait to hear about the kids after you go to where ever you go. I have only been to El Shaddai and New Hope. Do, Love Ethan, Caleb, Noah, Deborah, etc. @ New Hope, and Ndumiso, Toga, Niwese(sp?)@ EL S.
Enjoy the hotel food, so glad you are eating there.
No pun intended, but keep the "Son" in your eyes.
Melba

Donna said...

I've got a great idea! Sharla you bring the biscuit bowl and pan and I'll make the biscuits and gravy, and Melba, you can pray before we dig in. Cory, you bring your real mom to meet all of us - and we'll have a grand time indeed. :)
I'm so glad to hear Jeff and Connor are with you. They have been so excited about this father/son trip - and I've been excited to know they would be with you. So glad to hear a smile in your typing voice.
You're in our daily thoughts and prayers Cory.
We love you much!