Sunday, November 29, 2009

Few More Days in The Mother Land.

So yesterday (Saturday) we went back up to the Children's home for a half day of painting and then a half day of playing with the kids.

It was a great day. We got our goal dont RIGHT at 11:55. Just enough time to have lunch. Packed Lunch is so good when your out on a mountain in the middle of nowhere. So after lunch we went to the playground and hung out with the Toddlers. I wish I could capture these kids on Camera. I mean as you can see their faces are beautiful. But its like a scenery shot, you can NEVER capture that beauty in a picture. No matter how hard you try. I am going to post some other pictures soon on Facebook so I will set up a link for your viewing pleasure soon.

After playing w/ the Toddlers we found that most of the older kids were down at the field playing Football. So we hiked down and watched the game. On both sides of the field the mountain just drops off. And the wind just whips through there! Sometimes the kids will kick a ball and it will come right back at them. But I KNOW God plays a part in the game because whenever the ball starts rolling off the mountain the wind will blow it right into one of the 4 rocks in sight. It was a great game.

So at the end of the day I had to say goodbye. The kids have said goodbye to me about 3 times in the past 6 months. So I think they are starting to assume I'm never REALLY leaving. It kind of makes it easier. I and I think its better for them. And me. When the kids cry I Cry. So we said our goodbyes and head down the mountain and back to the Hotel for our last Stir Fry dinner.

One thing that is a bummer is that the road going to the Emmanuel Home is REALLY bad. Shirley say's there is no way I can make it up. And thats where my girl Nondumiso is. :-( So it sux that I wont be able to see her before I go. If you dont know the story of my Girl Nondumiso than CLICK HERE and you can read it. It's amazing.

Well today we had to be up a little early to get Jeff and Connor to the airport. They are heading to Cape Town for a few days and then back to Georgia. They are a great Family. From the two I've met at least. I told Jeff that I was planning on making another CD and before he we dropped them off he gave me $25 and said "Send me a CD when its done" Soooo Looks like I got my first CD sale. Before its even DONE. Soooo what do you say? Anyone else wanna buy a CD before its done?!? hah But really I am thinking about doing a Pre-sale when I get closer to recording. Its a good way to pay for the CD. Then when I'm done I'll ship them to the first people who bought one. But Jeff was the first person to buy my second CD. Thanks Jeff. I'll let you know when Pre-Sale starts.

We made good time today. about 9 hours total there and back. But some tell me they can make it to the Airport and back in 7 hours. I was thinking on the way back that this will be the last time this year that I will make the trek back to Swaziland. Its Sad. I'm gonna miss Shirley too. And Charles and Cindy and Joshua and the other Joshua and Caroline and Antony and Rachael and and Denis and Kaleli... The list goes on and this is JUST SWAZILAND. Not to mention all the children. Its hard now that my heart is in both Swaziland and Kenya. Who knows what the future holds. Well I know someone does. And I'm glad he wont let me in on it. No fun in that.

The next couple days I'll be layin low. Wont be much to BLOG about. Well actually you never know around here. But I will give you a Link to the new Pics as soon as they are uploaded.

Thanks Peeps,

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Well Cory....I just wanted to let you know that I have followed your blog with avid interest. I'm kinda sad your trip is coming to an end because I'll miss reading of your adventures and all the wonderful people and experiences God has blessed you with along your journey. All of us who read your blog are blessed too. I know everyone is excited about your homecoming and I'm sure you are as happy to see your family and friends as you are sad about leaving people you have come to love just as much.Thank you, thank you for taking the time to keep us updated on your travels....I've smiled, worried, cried, laughed out loud and prayed earnestly whilst reading your words. God Bless you Cory Way.
Love and prayers
Marianne. :) xx †

Anonymous said...

Oh Cory, my stomach is a little shakey after reading about the 'Red Eye' bus ride between Mambasa and Nairobi! Shi..........!
Thank-you Jesus for protecting my son! Guess my prayes are seriouly answered:}
See you Thursday, sweetheart!
I'll bring cookies:}
Love, MOM