Friday, November 13, 2009

The Bright Side

Donna you are amazing. Mom, Sharla is my Southern Mom and Melba is my Southern Grandma, and Donna is my Georgian Mom. They are all amazing and I'm trying to talk Donna into bringing her hubby to Idyllwild. I love how all you commented on this. Donna your words brought reason to my problem. I HAVE to buy a new laptop. But the Camera and iPod and glass' can wait. sooooooo ahhhhh mommmmmmmm. :-) You know I'd never ask you to buy me a laptop so maybe if you havent already gotten me a present you can just get me an Apple.com gift certificate. And a little more bad news. I got these sweet wooden elephants with our last name (WAY) carved in them. That was part of my present to my brothers but he took them. And for my Moms present I collected a rock from the Mountains of Kenya, from the Desert of Kenya, and dried reef from the ocean of Kenya.... The Desert and Ocean rocks were in my backpack... and he took them. SERIOUSLY!!! He took rocks but left my passport. Oh yes the Bright Side. I've been trying to find the good in all this and here is a list I came up with.

The Bright Side:

1. I got robbed without being in danger.
2. I luckily put my wallet with my debit and credit card in my pocket when we got on the bus.
3. My Passport WAS in my backpack and he left it!! Thank God because I leave tomorrow morning.
4. It was my less expensive point and shoot camera. (Although I used it on most of this trip so ALLL my Swazi/Kenya/Mombasa pictures are on it.
5. My iPod was about 3 years old.
6. My laptop only costs me $350 and most can be up above $1000. AND I backed it up before I came to Africa. But also allllll my pictures from my last 5 months were in it :-(
7. My Blackberry was also about 3 years old.

Sooo there is a good side to all of this. And really if I was smart I would have kept my backpack under my legs the whole time. Live and Learn.

So I'm staying at ANOTHER orphanage in Niarobi and yesterday when I was Big Time Bummin a little girl (Doreen) who I think has a mental disability came up to me and said "Hi... I'm Doreen.... Jesus Loves You and so do I because you came to visit us" At that moment I felt like my night turned around. She is adorable. Its interesting that after this happened I read all of your comments about what REAL blessings are. From my Last Kenya Post. It was a good reassurance that all the stuff I had is replaceable and aren't as important as all the time I spent here or the memories I have from it.

I Love You All.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT.

4 comments:

Sharla M. said...

Ok...that brought tears to my eyes..."Hi... I'm Doreen.... Jesus Loves You and so do I because you came to visit us"

How many times have I heard that in Africa, gratitude simply because we came to visit... They somehow see such a small thing as visiting as a word of encouragement, a BIG 'I love you', straight from heaven... We can't fix anything, but they still find hope in our visit... AMAZING!!

Sharla (your southern mom...that TOTALLY cracks me up... How about sister though?!! LOL!!)

Anonymous said...

Hey brother,
Mom just told me what had happened. You can put the blame on me. For some reason I haven't lifted you up in my prayers for the last 3 days. But I covered you in prayer this morning, so you should be good to go until you come home. With that being said, I will replace all that you lost. The camera is 7 years old and needs film, the computer has windows 95 and is a desk top but you can put it on you lap, and the phone.....well I don't have a phone, but I can replace it with a beeper. So there you go, everything is covered. Oh yea, the sun glasses, I've got like 5 pairs so you can choose which color you want; pink, purple, red, white with hearts, or a pair of black ones with sprinkles.
God is good and as you know he works all thing for good for those who know him. I'm sure that the guy who stoll it is going to open the computer and see Christ in what you have on there. He will look through your pictures and see the children in need. And suddenly we get a converted beleiver who feels called to start children homes. Or he'll just sell it all and feed his family. Either way God's all over it.
Can't wait to see you.
Love you bro,
Brandon

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am going for "Georgia Aunt"!
I love the "Way" you bounce back and get things in their proper perspective very quickly.
And I love the way God sends angels to us---some even have names, you know, like Doreen or Brandon.
Travel Safely.
Melba

Anonymous said...

Oh Cory William Way, you bless me with your words and the words of others, Melba - you are wonderful!
Brandon, what a bro... Cory, your brother miss you, as do I and Aiden. You will never forget this journey and the many more in store.
Papa continues to to watch over you, this I am sure. Ohhh,,,a rock from those places...you know my heart!!!!!!!!! Good job - now can you bring one home from where you are now? A big one? Love, Mom