Friday, November 20, 2009

Warm Shower=Heaven!

Well I am finally back at Shirley's house and I cant tell you how nice it feels to be in a warm house with dry clean clothes and clean sheets.

Still not a steady Internet connection though. She has been having trouble w/ her phone line so it goes in and out. Which is a bummer cause I really wanted to Skype some people. Up at Canaan the rain was coming down hard. It was different from Kenya rain because it never stopped. In Kenya it would pour really hard for about 30 minutes than stop but here keeps going like the energizer bunny. And in Kenya when it rains you usually find shelter till it stops but here if you did that you would never get back to work! So we just work in the rain. I keep leaving stuff behind wherever I go. Like in Kenya I left a couple pairs of shoes and my work jeans. So my only pair of shoes now are soaked. I forget what I told you in my last post so forgive me if I repeat myself. We use a generator for power a few hours a day but it get overpowered easily. So for dinner when they are using the stove to cook dinner we cant boil water for tea or coffee or a hot bath. Sometimes I would sneak over and test it just in case and all the sudden all the lights would go out and everyone would say "CORYYYY!!!" hah.

I never knew that eating some of my moms bad food growing up was a test for my future. Not that it happened that often. Last night one of the guys made dinner and I honestly had to hold myself from gagging. The worst part was the spinach dripping with vegetable oil and salt. But the guy who made it was such a good friend that I had to finish my whole plate.

Most of the work I had to do was harvesting. Not the normal harvesting of potatoes but of grass. Yeah Grass. You see here in Africa you dont go buy grass in a roll or even buy seeds to plant. You go out and find grass. But not any grass. We had to find the stuff that didnt grow tall and kept snakes away. It was a muddy job. But seriously Canaan is looking amazing. I wanted to take pictures by it was rainy so I'm hoping to get some when I take the Father and Son up on Tue. The Maze is starting to grow and it looks like a legit farm! Nice long rows. We have been getting a little more rain than needed (Seriously Melba... you gotta stop praying for rain!) so maybe if you all could pray for some sunshine. Kaleli said with a couple days of sunshine the maze will grow big fast. So tomorrow we wake up and head to JoeBurg to pick up the Father and son then spend the night at the "Town Lodge" and drive back to Swazi on Sunday.

So funny story. Kaleli bought a NetBook (which is a small laptop like the one I HAD) and I was talking to him about it and he was like "Yeah I really like it but they are so hard to find bag's for!" I happened to leave my back here when I went to Kenya cause it was to bulky to bring. So I said "I got a bag you can have!" and then he thanked me and later on in the conversation he said "Yeah the ONLY bad thing about this computer though is that it doesnt have a disk drive. So I cant install any programs or watch movies on it" and I happened to buy a disk drive for that very reason. And I KNOW my next computer will have a disk drive so I said "I have a DVD Reader/Burner Disk drive you can have too!" hah Really I had no need for either one of those things now. So I'm glad he can use them. THEN he said pulled out this point and shoot waterproof camera (which is what I've had my eye on for my next camera) and I asked if he would sell it for cheap.... But he said it was his only camera. DANG. haha. Its ok though. Really it just felt good to have two things he said he was looking for.

I am getting so excited. These next couple weeks are going to fly by and I know that I will enjoy them.

Holy Cow! I just saw something that looked like a spider behind the nightstand next to my bed. So I went to move the nightstand and the spider jumped out of site! I'm scared now.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!

No comments: