Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Canaan Update W/ PICTURES!

Yes people you heard me right. WITH PICTURES!

Real fast shout out. HI SAMANTHA MARSCHALL.

But those will come later. First let me tell you something I recently learned.

When I spent some time with the Kenyan's they told me I was lucky to be alive (I just keep finding more reasons to thanks God that my Run-In-With-A-Thief wasn't worse). I guess the Red Eye bus that goes between Mombasa and Nairobi is a very dangerous ride. Kaleli was surprised that no one informed me. Just about every one of them had a story about someone getting jacked from that bus. You see the road is long and dark with no town for miles at a time. Kaleli said he has heard many case's where people will buy a bus ticket and board the bus like a regular people. Then when they are at the "planned meeting spot" they will pull out guns and put one on the driver and some on the passengers and tell the driver to drive into the bush. They will take you out far from the road and make everyone get out of the bus and remove ALL their clothing and place it in a bag along with Cell phones, wallets, passports. EVERYTHING. Then they will take the keys to the bus and their friend will show up in a car to load all the goods and they will leave. He even said sometimes they would make people do stuff that I don't want to repeat. So I guess you can say God really protected me on that trip. They couldn't believe I actually went on that bus!

So on a lighter note. The food at the Hotel has been great. And spending time with Jeff and Connor has been great as well. They are a great family. Connor is in that age where he asks TONS of questions. Even if he knows the answer. He will always ask his dad a question and I will just wait with a smile on my face to hear Jeff's response. They really love it hear. Yesterday we went to El Shaddai to do some painting. We got a tour from Mark and got to eat lunch on the Prayer Rock. Mark showed us a new building put up for guests to stay. He opened the door and their was a fake snake wrapped around the end of the bunk bed. I was thinking "DANG that looks real!" as I approached. It then jumped to the ground. I seriously screamed like a little girl about to sit on Santa's Lap! No just kidding. I caught bare handed Bear Grill style and we cooked it for lunch (Then I woke up). The kids are just finishing up the year so a lot of them were outside playing. It was soooo good to see some familiar faces. All the girls running from me before I even got to say hello. Oh and Sharla I told Ndumiso "Sharla said your football shoes will be here soon." and he said "How soon?" hah I can tell he is excited. Jeff and Connor had a blast running around and playing with the kids. Although Connor got mad because he said when he went to go pee the kids all stared at him. We tried to tell him it was because he is like a celebrity but he didn't go for it. So that was yesterday.

And today we went to Project Canaan. Mark (who works at El Shaddai) joined us. He's a great guy. So he followed us up in the morning and we met Kaleli at the building. Mark made the connection later that Kaleli was Charles Mulli's son and got very excited. If you haven't read Charles Mulli's book you should read it. It will change your life! Its called Father to the Fatherless. Kaleli took us in the 4Wheel drive Land Rover to see more of the land. We went up pretty high before the Truck started sliding of the mountain and we had to throw it in park and hike. We were pretty far up taking pictures when all of a sudden Kaleli says "Shhhh!!! quit!! There is something in that bush!" We had to quietly sneak down the trail. He looked scares so I was scared. I guess he heard something really big breathing really hard in the bushes next to us. He took us down to the lower dam. HOLY COW! OK here is where the pictures come in. This dam was seriously not even 1/3 full on Friday when I left Canaan. And now it was OVER FLOWING!




This is the upper BIG Dam. Honestly when I was there on Thursday I was walking around at the bottom of this Dam. I remember thinking "this dam is NEVER gonna fill" I wish I had some numbers for you but these two Dam's are HUGE.







The best part about this is that ALL of this water wasn't being used before this. It was just running off into huge rivers that took it to bigger rivers that eventually took it out to the sea! And this is good stuff. Not nasty water but fresh spring water. Brought straight from Gods creation. The other day I put a post on Facebook that said "I thank God for Rain. It brings Life to Life" But without the soon to follow sun the rain would ruin everything. So I also thank God for the BURNING sun that we had today. Because of it the Maize was looking great. Here is some snaps of the Maize.

Well what a great day. We were supposed to work on a gate but we never even started. We took a tour till about 1 and then Jeff and Kaleli talked a lot about smart people stuff. I nodded my head a lot. Really though I could tell Jeff was loving it. Sometimes I feel bad if we don't get work done but then I realize that these trips are meant for bigger things. I mean yeah we need this stuff done but the knowledge Jeff got from today he will go back with. And he might tell a co-worker who tells his wife who tells her sister. And her sister might come on a trip and donate some big time bucks. Or better yet maybe she's not saved and she see's what God is doing here and has but no choice to accept Him! These are the things God gets to enjoy on a daily basis. The connections we don't always see. But I know one day in Heaven we will be able to connect the dots. And we WILL meet people who are there because of us. Even if we've never seen them before. WOW. God is good. And his Mercies endure forever.

Tomorrow we go to a Game Park. I'll try to get some more pictures. Thank you all for reading. Nancy if you want to get some Stats from Wayne and post them in a comment that would be cool. Maybe telling us how big the Dam's are.

That's all for tonight. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!
Wow, I love seeing your pics.
Wow, I love reading your words.
Wow. I love knowing thru your words how God answers our prayers:
You are safe, it has rained, the sun is shining, and the crops are growing. "Thank You, Jesus.

Speaking of Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving to you. You are one of the many blessings that I am thankful for.
Love,
Melba

Sharla M. said...

Your awesome!! Thanks so much for telling Ndumiso, I was so worried he would think we had forgotten (we've had them since the day we got home in August!) Mom is taking them to Anita at HFA and she, or someone will bring them on the Christmas trip (even if I have to pay for someone to have extra luggage)!! That boy has to have his soccer...aka football...shoes!!

Wow...what a story about the bus...so thankful that God gave His angels extra charge over you that day...

Canaan looks amazing... I think the field with the corn is the one that was just being planted when we were there, the first of the month, God is just so good!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!