Thursday, July 23, 2009

I was In Heaven Today.



I don't even know where to start. We just had our last Young Hearts meeting and it went great. Ended up staying up with a bunch of people singing worship and laughing and sharing stories. I'm not even sure when the last time was that I wrote. It feels like forever ago but I havent had time!! I'm sorry. I mean right now its 115 in the morning and I just got back to Shirley's!! I'm forcing myself to write for two reasons... One is a secret. But I'll tell you. But ONLY if you promise not to tell anyone!!

1) If I dont write now I'll forget to tell you all this stuff.
2) I have to write now because I'm going to Kenya AND Uganda and might not be able to write for a couple weeks.

SO If you are in contact with the Kenya group. PLEASE dont tell them! its a surprise. And IF you happen to be ON the Kenya trip and somehow are reading this PLEEEEEAAAASE Keep it to yourself. Dont spoil this!

I've prayed about it and God had given me his blessing to go serve along side the CTK group. And I am SOOOO glad. Then I am going to Uganda for 5 days to work alongside Evie. Remember her? From the JoBurg Airport? So I wont be back in Swazi till like the 7th of August!!

Update on Nondumiso. WOW! Ok so I've been working at El Shiddai most of the week while part of the group is at Emmanuel (where Nondumiso lives) So I got to go see her for a short time earlier in the week and she still wouldnt smile at me. I have always wanted to sponsor a Child and I felt God saying "ok Cory... You ready to listen?" I've prayed about it.... a lot... Then prayed again. And God said "DO IT!" Now HFA has different amounts you can sponsor a child with. Full sponsorship is $120 a month. Then they have partial all the way down to like $10 a month. Most of the kids have some sponsorship but not full. So I asked God again "ok Lord how much" and he said "however much more she needs" And I went and looked her up. Turns out she has no sponsor. NO ONE! and this is a big deal. The kids with sponsors always talk about them and get to feel like someone really cares. (Do you have tissue? Your gonna cry!) So I prayed again "Ok God... You must have the wrong guy. Did you forget I dont have a job or an Income?" Before I left fallbrook I was able to save about 3000 of my own money for when I came home. So I would have something to help me buy an RV and travel playing music (or something like that). This is the short version I promise. So I struggled with this amount God was calling me to. Then he reminded me about my favorite Verse. "Do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself" And I said "Ok but seriously!!! this is 3 times the cost of my phone bill... EVERY MONTH!" Yesterday I was flipping through the scripture before bed and came across Mal 3:10 and this is what it said...

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

WOW. Of course I happened to stumble across that verse. So I decided to do it. The whole thing. $120 US DOLLARS. Today was the last day to go to the Childrens homes and I asked Ian if I could go tell Nondumiso that I wanted to sponsor her. Maybe THIS would put a smile on her face. On the way up I was telling Lori Marshall (I know I spelled it wrong) and we both started crying on the bus. I dont know why. I guess cause we saw God moving in my life. Asking me to do stuff I would NEVER do. So I get there and Nondumiso is in class. So school breaks for lunch and all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see her running. Running with so much Joy on her face that it shocked me. The smile I remember from last year was plastered on her face. She jumped into my arms and hugged me so strong not letting go for anything. (I hadn't even told her about the sponsorship yet!) Lori was there. She was crying. I was Crying. Nondumiso probably thought we were crazy. But it was the most amazing feeling I've ever experienced. I dont know WHY she smiled at me today. I dont know if she was sick and became better. Or if God spoke to her and told her what I had decided to do. But she Smiled. And I didnt even no till today that she had lost a tooth. right in front. It makes her smile that much more beautiful. This was Nondumiso today.

I am so excited to Test God like He has asked us to do. I'm not sure how long I can Sponsor Nondumiso. Maybe a year. Maybe till you all meet her in heaven. But all I know is today I felt like a parent. As soon as I told her about the sponsorship and she lit up. She took me into her class to show me her pictures she drew. She took me to the playground to have me push her on the swings. Amazing. I was in Heaven today with this little girl. Someone printed up with picture of me and her and I'm going to give it to her tomorrow.

ahhhhhh. Welllll. Thats the highlight of my week. Tomorrow is Friday and we are putting on the "Celebrate Litsemba" show. I'm sure it will be amazing. Then I wake up at 5 Saturday and I'm off to serve in Kenya and Uganda. Keep checking I might be able to update at some point.

Thank you all for being on this journey.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!

No comments: