Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Great Man.


My Grandfather passed away this morning.

He was a great man and what I remember the most about him was his smile. Was. Crazy how a word suddenly carries so much weight when it involves death. Although I guess "is" is the correct word. Because I know my Grandfather is smiling more in this moment than he has in a long time. He was suddenly required to use a wheelchair that i'm sure he didn't like. Well there aren't any wheelchairs in heaven. He was recently in and out of the hospital.. Well there aren't any hospitals in heaven. He reacently had a lot of heart problems...But there arent heart problems in heaven either. What hurts the most is not being able to be at his funeral. I know he wont mind but it would be good to hear the stories of his amazing life. Please pray for my Dad, his brother, and his sister. And also my Grandmother Shirley.

We lost a great man today... But heaven will keep him busy till we see him again.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Cory - your grandfather's legacy lives on in you friend.
God bless you for your sacrifice -- of serving Him even when your heart really wanted to go home to honor your Grandfather.
You're testimony and love is beautiful!