Friday, July 24, 2009

Wow.

You know in the scripture when God tells Aberham to kill his some Issac? Well that happened to me. Not the killing part. But the testing part. You know how I said I was going to "Test" God? Well I found out he was doing a little testing of his own!!. And I guess I passed. Here is the AMAZING news.

Last night at dinner I shared my experience with Nondumiso and I was sobbing tears of joy trying to get the words out. I guess it really moved someone. I dont know who. But as soon as I was done talking someone handed me Nondumiso's sponsor papers and I filled them out. I found out this morning that someone came and said "I would like to pay for Cory to sponsor his girl for a year". WHAT?!?! I was blown away as Lori told me this this morning. At first I was taken back. Not sure what to think. I mean I was SOOOO ready to test God! But this person must have felt the same way. I dont know who this person is but they want to sponsor Nondumiso under my name. So they wont get any credit. This is amazing. Like God did with Abraham. As soon as God saw Abraham willing to sacrifice his son he said "Ok... NOW I know you mean it..... So dont do it" Well I am amazed. GOD IS GOOOOOOOD!

So Litsemba was great. So many kids. Sooooo excited to Praise God with their voices and dance moves. I got some amazing pictures but Its 11:30PM right now and I leave for Kenya at 5:30AM!.... Oh and I havent packed yet.

I just had to tell you about what happened.

Please Pray for my safety as I travel these next couple weeks.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Well, first, praise God for his goodness...and your ability to see Him specifically and clearly, to receive what He is teaching you in your spirit, and to allow Him to renew your mind. Whatever is taking place in you now is preparing you for what's to come...you, know, Cory-in-the-Making kinda stuff!!

But second, YEAH!!, you get to go to Kenya!! I can't believe it! Kaitlin is going to be SO excited! She didn't think you were going to be able to go! Cory, I'm so excited that you get to have a reunion with all your Fallbrook "Fam" AND minister with them to the children and the homes in Kenya!! Let the kids at Tumaini know that I LOVE THEM and they are in my heart and in my prayers...and I MISS THEM and hope to get back to them, too!

Jacqui Wheelhouse said...

God is sooo good my friend. Thanks for sharing your praiseworthy note and I am praying for traveling mercies for you. You are awesome and it was an honor to hang with you and laugh and share and worship. I look forward to seeing what God has for your heart from here on out. Please keep an eye on our little starfish at Emmanuel. She is on the edge there, I can sense it. Love you brother! Be blessed! Jac and Matthias