Sunday, July 19, 2009

WOW



Ok today was amazing. I just got home and its 11:50! Well by home I mean Shirley's. So first off I had to be up very early to get sound equipment packed up. Like before the sun early. So got it packed up and went to the hotel to meet the group and had good breakfast. THEN we went to a church in Manzini. AMAZING. Totally what you would picture an African church being. Tons of clapping. EVERYONE singing and dancing. I'm sure I made a fool out of myself. But no one cares here. I don't at least. OK SO ON TO THE GOOD STUFF!!!

So right after worship before the pastor came up i snuck out to take a leak. No bathroom so i did my business right outside the side door. (Gimmie a break I had to get back into that church! Didnt have time to find a bush.... Plus like I said no one cares.) So I sneak back in the side door and the pastor was talking so I didnt want to squeeze between people to find a seat so I started sliding down the wall to sit on the ground. Then the pastor say's "You!! Stand up!!!" I was thinking "oh crap he saw me peeing!!" then all of a sudden he said "God spoke to me about you. Just now during worship!!" AHHHHHHHH I was out of my mind! I didnt know what to say so I just stared. ME! out of over 200 people!! I still dont know what to say. He went on to speak prophecy over me for what felt like a lifetime. He started saying stuff that God told him about me. I truly believe it was a word from Our Lord!!! I feel like if I tell you what he said you would all think I'm bragging... Well guess what? I DONT CARE!! So just to summarize he said stuff like "You Son! You have a tender heart for the lord! Tender! And you show love that's beyond this world. To everyone you come across! You don't cast judgment on others you meet! You see them as God does. Straight to the heart. AND my son God has told me you have the heart of a Preacher! Not that you will be a pastor but that you will PREACH! In way's beyond words. God says using actions you show Love to everyone you meet and you truly know that ONLY Gods love will heal this broken world! This Brother of ours... HE is an example for the Men of out generation!"

ARE YOU KIDDING?!?! ME? An example to the men? Ok like I said I know it sounds like I'm bragging but this is such a blessing. I was tempted not to tell you what he said but I feel God spoke to me today. And I wanted to share. I'm sure you all know that I'm ALL about love.

Next we went to show the group Project Canaan. Awesome!!! We struck water! Dug a bore hole and now the land is that much closer to flowing with Milk and Honey!!

Came back to the hotel had an amazing dinner and then Skype'd with all of you at CTK. AMAZING! its so good to hear your familiar laughs. Thank you all so much. Someone said to me after "Does it make you more homesick?" Actually it was the opposite!! I felt like I got to bring a little bit of home with me to Africa. I love you all!

So young hearts was amazing. The day was amazing. The weather was amazing! The CHURCH was amazing!! GOD IS AMAZING!

Tomorrow... WE WORK!

Till next time.

Peace&LOVE......SPREAD IT!!!

3 comments:

Siobhan said...

Cory don't you EVER apologize for sharing with a grateful heart a Word from God spoken over your life!! Are you kidding me? The God of Heaven took time out of a corporate worship service to single you out and speak to you through one of His servants! You don't keep that to yourself...you tell the whole world! And you remember it, and treasure it in your heart, and seek the Holy Spirit to bring it to your remembrance every single time you need it to remind you of who you are and who the Lord has called you to be!! Amen! It was SO good seeing you on Skype at church on Sunday...and I felt the same way, only opposite...it was great to see you cuz we really miss you, but it was even greater seeing you THERE and knowing the Lord is working out His plan in you and through you! Blessings, dear brother...keep on shining!

Donna said...

Thank you SO much for sharing --- humbly and eagerly! It is SO true -- you are a great instrument of love Cory! I thank God for the way He flows through you.
Excited with you for the future. Still unknown to you completely --- but with confidence that God knows the plans He has for you --- and they are beautiful and will bring Him much glory.
you are loved...
donna

Pastor Mark said...

Cor-man, thanks for sharing your worship experience...yes the Lord does speak specifically to us sometimes through others, and I believe every word was true and from the Lord! Love you brother...


P. Mark