Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kenya!!!

Wellllll first of all I haven’t been able to get internet so I Just posted my Plane Blog. I will try to make this one short so you don’t have tons to read.

So I flew in on Saturday night and surprised the group. It was good. I thought we would have fire works going off and music start to play but that didn’t happen.

Sunday we went to Church at Merciful Redeemer. AMAZING. The worship was about 100 kids singing acipela. I LOVED it! After the service we went and played with the kids. I met this one girl Ndanu and she just stuck with me. Pretty short day but it was a good one. Came back to the hotel and hung out.

Monday we went back to Merciful Redeemer and planted TONS of trees. It was amazing to think that there are NO trees anywhere near the Home. And one day we will get to see those trees flourishing. The school let the kids out so they could help us out. It ended up being distracting. But we still got TONS of work done. We ended up planting about 270 trees. Then we hung out with the kids again. So that night I didn’t get much Sleep. Got to bed at about 130, and got bit by a bunch of Skeeeters. Pray for me. I’m not taking Malaria pills.

Ok now today its Tuesday. So today We went back to the Home to finish planting trees and plant Kale and Tomatoes. We got done at about 2 and were able to play Football (Soccer) with the kids. Brandon scored 2 goals. I forgot to put sunscreen on my arms. Bad news.

So in case I cant talk to you in the recent days here is the plan.

Tomorrow more people arrive and we go see the kids at Merciful Redeemer again and have to say goodbye. Then we get to go to the market and buy stuff. Not me though. I don’t need nuthin. Then we go stay at a church and take off for Tumaini in the morning. I am so excited to go see my boys again.

Well that’s all for now. I’ll Be Prayin for you all.

Peace&Love….SPREAD IT!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CORRYYYY!! You should buy an africa tapastry for corianne! haha hers got smoke damged from the fire. :(

Hope all is well, and im SO jealous everyone from CTK go to see you! Miss you TONS friend.
Love ya!
Tara Burke
:)

candice said...

Thank you Cory for your experiences and sharing them. It's like I'm there and it helps with the withdrawals.

Anonymous said...

Cory, we haven't met. My name is Julia Farrow and I was reading Candice Nolan's Facebook and she said I would be touched by your blog. I have been praying for months for these days you are in Kenya. Although I never even heard of you until today I have been praying for each one on this trip. My daughter, Dannelly is in Kenya with Heart for Africa right now. I know that God is transforming lives at this moment in time! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! Please send my love to my daughter and to Donna Taylor. God bless you in a mighty way!