Sunday, August 2, 2009

UPDATE!!

Where do I start?!

This trip to Kenya couldn’t have been better… Well maybe if I didn’t have to leave. I am currently on another plane to Uganda. Excited to see a new land but it was so hard to leave my boys at Tumaini. I usually only have a REALLY hard time leaving three of them, Big Benson, Little Benson, and Francis. But this time two more were added to the list. Well 4 more, Isaac, James, Joseph and Joseph. If you haven’t seen the story of Isaac you should go to HeartForAfrica.org and check it out. He was the first to get rescued in that group of kids and now 4 of them are at Tumaini. For some reason this year Isaac and James grew on me. When I was leaving today I had to explain that I was leaving early but the rest of the group would be there till Thursday. James told me he didn’t want me to go. And Isaac who is usually full of energy just sat and didn’t say anything. I cant explain why it is so hard to leave these kids. Maybe because I can just go and continue my life of adventure while they are stuck there. But I think its more. I think these kids give themselves to us. They trust us. REALLLY trust us. Which I assume is harder than we know. They have naturally put trust in their Mothers who have abandoned them, In their Fathers who have beat them, and in their Aunts and Uncles who don’t want them. Yet they trust us. And there is something wonderful that happens when someone trusts you. When someone says “Hey I am putting myself on the line here… I am taking a risk to get to know you… I am in a way putting my hurt and pain aside for the chance that YOU might accept me… Me… A boy no one else accepted… A Girl no one else would call beautiful” something in our soul is satisfied. And maybe its cause we also feel accepted. As who we are. We don’t pretend to be anything special. We aren’t famous, we aren’t movie starts, but they look up to us like were kings. And the least we can do is return the favor.

So many memories. First off me and Josh filmed a commercial for Kenyan Tea, (Probably won’t air but it was fun to be a part of it) Got to see Zebras and Impala and Hippos… RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR DOOR! Well more like a 5 minute walk but seriously it was amazing. And I’ll tell you what, the best memories I had were with my Bro’s. Me, Josh, and Brandon. It was good hangin with them outside of family events and crazy schedules. I love my Bro’s. Next year I hope Austin gets to join us. Other than that it was amazing to hang out with Kaitlin, Cliff, Alan, Jake, Travis, Lauren, Kristen, Doug, and so many others. I really love the family I have all over the world.

Next is Uganda where I will be able to see some other Children’s homes and enjoy some down time before heading back to Swazi for another group to come. I am getting a stuffy nose, please pray. I would hate to get sick right now. I am seriously praying about my plans for the rest of my trip. My commitment to HFA will be over at the end of August. I might go stay with my girl Nondumiso for a month or so. I miss her. Then I would LOVE to go spend a couple months at Tumaini with David. OMG! David and Kezia had their baby girl today!!! She is beautiful! Lorrain. I got some pictures I’ll try to put on line for you all to see. Well I am sorry its been so long since I posted but I havent had much time. So I should be able to post this as soon as I find internet in Uganda.

Ok we are starting our decent. Quick flight. Oh I didn’t get to say bye to Josh and Nicole!! Sorry Miss Miller!... J I Love you all.

Peace&Love….SPREAD IT!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cory! Sorry we missed you at the airport in Nairobi. We got held up at the desk cause of some issue with Nicole's passport. When we got to the terminal we ran down to your gate, but you already had boarded. Anyways, good luck in Uganda! I'll check your blog for updates.
Josh

Donna said...

We all loved the surprise of having you in Kenya again.
So sorry you had to leave early.
Maggie and I loved getting to see you Cory.