Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cottage Cheese



Hey Friends and Family,

Its June 15th, at 3:40 PM. My Time. So 6:40AM your time. Most of you are most likely sleeping OH WEIRD! I just realized Church hasn't even started yet!!!

Anyways I just wanted to let you all know that my signs are finished!!! And I am so proud of them. It is nice being able to put my God Given Creativity into action. I put some before and after pictures up. It was going to be only two signs then Ian Maxwell came along and said we needed three... Turns out we only needed two. THANKS IAN! But it will get used. Anyways one mistake I made was thinking that I can wash Oil Based paint off of the brush like Latex Paint... NOT THE CASE!!! This is AFTER I scrubbed with soap for 20 minutes. Then I found Paint Thinner.


So remember that one time I told you about my awesome morning?!?! Today's wasn't as good. Firstly i woke up and realized my bread had gotten moldy. THEN I decided I would like some milk. I proceeded to the fridge where I pulled out the milk carton to take a swig (Yeah right out of milk carton!!! Just like my big bro's taught me) After the first gulp I felt a lump. I spit what hadn't gone down my throat into the sink only to see more lumps... My worst Nightmare had come true. COTTAGE CHEESE!!! I looked at the side of the carton and it said "Use By 07/06/09" ITS ONLY THE 15TH!! Then I looked at my roommates milk and it said "Use By 19/06/09"... Yeah. It seems like in Africa they put the Month after the Day. My milk was a week expired. Not a good start.

Later we went to a church in Down Town Mbabane. (capitol of Swaziland) Me and Micheal had gone there yesterday to check out the city life and walk around the Mall. I think this is the first time i have not wanted to buy ANYTHING. I can barely fit the clothes I brought in my backpack. I'm sure I'll end up leaving some. But I LOVED walking around the streets. Its SOOO hectic. Cumbie's (Cooooom-Bee's) are little VW Vans that drive people around like Taxi's. Every were you look there is someone yelling or someone almost getting hit by a car or children running in the streets. So many different people with so many different stories. Anyhow church was good. A little different then I would have expected. The pastor was some guy from Alaska. he was good. Nothin like Pastor Phil. We are going to check out a different church next weekend.

Well I am excited because me and David Kerry-OOKey are running the Young hearts part of the trip coming in this Friday. I guess there are about 65 people arriving. The July trip has 150 people!! Oh yes i'm just gonna put my other pictures on Facebook. If you want to see them just CLICK HERE!!! Some of the pictures you've seen. Some you havent.

I guess thats all for now. Enjoy ur Day/Night/Morning/Evening or whatever else it might be.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!

No comments: