Thursday, June 4, 2009

Long Long day.


KFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy huH?!?!? The was the first surprise of the trip. Today I slept in till about 9:30... and I went to sleep at about 8:30. It was beautiful. Today wasnt that eventful other than the KFC trip. We went up to the land of Project Cannan and I had to begin to break down a Carrall. I dont know if thats how you spell it. It was a lot harder than I expected it to be. We made a big dent in it though. We also brought the contractor up who is going to be putting the first building on.

For those of you who don't know, "Project Cannan" is a project that HFA (Heart for Africa) is workin on. Its a HUGE piece of land that they bought and are plannin on puttin an orphanage, a Dairy Farm, a lot of Gardens, and I'm sure other stuff. I am very excited because right now it is just land. I hope that when I leave we will have a lot done. It would be nice to see the fruits of my Labor.

I drove by a huge billboard that said "Broadband!!! THE NEW INTERNET!!!" I think they still have Dial up. Thats why it takes me 300 hours to upload a picture.

Anyways i will be staying up at the Farm for the weekend then on Sunday i will be taking the car into the shop in South Africa to get worked on. I most likely wont be able to update this blog till late Monday or Tuesday. So be patient.

I also think I am going to put my Photobucket on hold due to the lack of Broadband. Sorry. I will try to put as many pictures as I have time for on this Blog.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!!
cory way

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having fun on your first day. Regarding the photos, duplicate the photos you want to put online (so you retain the original hi-res versions for future), then try downsizing them for the web. If you don't have photo software on your PC, you can download something like Picasa from Google, picasa.google.com. It is a 10 MB download, so it may take a bit.

But then you can resize the photos to something smaller that easier to upload. Keep them around 600 pixels wide and a 72 resolution. That should make each photo a lot smaller file size and easier to upload.

BTW, we are working on higher speed DSL there at the office/cottage. Not as fast as here in the US, but much faster. Stay tuned.