Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Got Nuthin.


Hey guys.

Not feel so hot tonight.

Today was AMAZING. We had the Project Canaan land Dedicated to God and there was an amazing service. All three Children's home's got together and we had a blast kicking balls around and playing with those parachute things and throwing Frisbee's. We have been planning this thing since I have been here and I'm gonna get some good sleep tonight knowing its over.

So I've been having some trouble with the Young Hearts group. First of all worship is pretty much me singing songs with people looking at me. And the time that we have to share about our day is either silent or OUT OF CONTROL. And most of the time its out of control. I have seen two things that have led to this.

First of all this year HFA has put a top limit on the age of young hearts. They said "about" 21 and under. We have about 4 or 5 college students that arent able to come. (its not like they have asked but I get the feel that they dont think they would fit in with bunch of youngins.) You see in Kenya it was a more of what we called a "young AT heart" meeting. So most of the time we had more than a few adults who joined. Now I see why that was SOOO great. First of all the adults arent scared to sing. And when some people sing, most people sing. Second of all they usually start of the sharing and others feel more comfortable. THIRD of all when you have older people it makes most of the youngins not act up so much. And this works the opposite as well. When you have LITTTLE LITTLE kids it makes the others suddenly turn into little kids. Which leads me the the second reason.

We have about 3 kids on this trip that are like 7 years old. 2 girls and one boy. All three of them have come to young hearts all three nights. This has ruined every bit of silence and control that we finally get. Last night in the middle of the last slow worship song (right as the feel was getting good) the girl started flicking coasters together. So I said her name quietly and as soon as I closed me eyes she started again. The kids ended up leaving the room a MESS tons of trash on the ground so tonight I told them right off the bat that it was very disrespectful and to not leave trash to which the same girl responded by throwing her trash on the ground. When I asked her to pick it up she said "I will.... when I leave" and threw ANOTHER piece of trash down. I ended up getting very mad and having a serious talk which made the night very awkward for me. Like I was a bad person.

I am sorry to throw all this on you guys but Its just I remember young hearts being and AMAZING, emotional, deeep time. And this is far from that. Its a little late now to say "Ok, now young hearts is for all ages" or "Ok, now we dont allow little kids" I'm just hopping they will be ok with making some changes for next months trip. Sorry again I'm kinda venting and was hoping you could pray that I dont say anything I regret, and that I make the most of this time with the kids.

On a lighter note. Morning worship, before devotional, is awesome. The adults arent scared to sing and I even see people raising their hands and closing their eyes. Its very rewarding to see while leading worship.

Anyways I'd hate to complain and sorry if I put anyone down or gossiped.

Thats all. Tomorrow is a New Day.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT.

1 comment:

Christi Brotherton said...

I'm praying for you, Janine, and the people who are causing you difficulties. Obviously, you are doing a mighty work for God & that ticks off Satan.
I love you, Cory!
Stay encouraged in the Lord,
Christi