Saturday, June 13, 2009

Time for some spiritual "MEAT"


Talk about a work of Art.


So one good thing about this trip is the free time I have to read the word and connect with God.

When I first came I remember praying, asking God to connect with me. It seems kinda selfish the way we look at this fuzzy feeling we call the "Holy Spirit" If you've felt this then you know exactly what I'm talking about. But it seems we make this feeling into a exchange. There have been many times I have been worshiping God and been let down cause I cant feel the Holy Spirit. I have to put myself in my place and realize that we worship God because he deserves it. Not because of what WE get out of it. Now I do believe that if you try a particular worship service for a continuous time and NEVER feel the Holy Spirit then you should SERIOUSLY pray about staying or going. We all enjoy different kinds of worship and if you cant draw into Rock Worship than obviously you wouldn't go to "The Rock" :-) (Great Church in San Diego) Anyways working at the church for the past ~4 years has made it very tough to feel the Holy Spirit at certain times. When your walk with God connects with your Job there is a Tug of war that happens inside. And its up to us to decide who is going to win.

For the past several months I have realized that I havent had a One On One moment with God in quite a while. I feel him move during a sermon or during worship but not just me and Him. So that was my prayer was to "Feel" God in the intimacy of two. And if He decided I didnt need than then that was ok by me.

Well I felt Him this morning. It wasn't a knock me on my butt kind of feeling. Just a subtle reminder that He's listening. To everything I ask. Everything I think. Everything that enters my mouth before it even gets there. I've been reading Ezekiel and at first it was pretty bland. A lot of God telling the people of Israel that a wrath is coming so WATCH UR BACK! But its very repetitive. Or so i thought. Till I started reading it as a Poem. I've always tried reading the Bible as a Novel or Story. I started to realize how beautiful the words and sentences became. I started to realize that every person I've met with creative ability was a Creation it itself. And if I admire Art, or Poetry, or Music, how much more I would admire the Creator of ALL OF THIS!!! HOLY CRAP!!! The spirit is flowin. Can you believe that God Created Creativity!!! Ezekiel has come to life! He talks many times about Falling on His face before God and I now realize why.

I pray that the scripture would come to life for all of you.

"Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity."
-Charlie Mingus


Peace&Love....SPREAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I love you brother !!!!
So glad you're FEELING Him. It's OK to want to feel Him -- but best when it's not a condition of our obedience for sure. But oh how much sweeter it does make this journey -- when we see Him, hear Him, and maybe even smell and taste Him. Then if we get to feel Him --- well that's almost Heaven. Praying for you daily Cory Way.

Christi Brotherton said...

Cory - I think you are amazing - I love you!
Remember, "feelings" can be wonderful, but when they're not there, or even when they are there, depend on the "facts".
It is a FACT that God (the Father, Jesus & Holy Spirit) are always with you wherever you go! He loves you dearly...