Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Only God Knows.


This is the kinda stuff you find in an African Market.


This trip has been amazing so far. So since I last wrote Young Hearts has gotten a lot better. Someone mentions to the mom's that the kids were being a little out of control and they came and told me that they would take them out. Ever since we have had some GREAT conversations. And I even heard one of them singin last night!!
So anyways yesterday we got to go to the El Shiddai property (where Kristin and Lauren McGraw are staying) and I got to work with the Preschool kids. Tough job huh? El Shiddai is a Children's Home that has a school on the property. Well the room they use is the Sanctuary and our group was doing a clinic in there so we just had to take them outside. Suddenly it got VERY windy and CRAZY clouds were rolling in. They were supposed to stay until 12 but at 1130 the teacher (who spoke little English) said "It might rain. send kids home early" So they say a prayer and the kids just get up and go every direction. I get scared and wonder where their moms are and then I realize that they all just walked home!!! LITTLE KIDS! IN THE EYE OF A HUGE STORM!! On the way home we drove about 30 minutes and I saw one of the boys in our class run out to the road and wave. Who knows how long it took him to walk.

Anyways I'm glad to say they all made it safe. We got to meet with them again today INSIDE the room. It was much quieter and easier to keep track of them all. It was amazing. I got to play many songs with them including "Thumbs Up." The teachers had all this craft stuff that someone donated that she had never used. So we got to show her fun stuff to do with them. The cutest thing was how when you ask them to sit on the benches and you sit down they RUN to sit next to you. 3 were on my la p and two on each side holding my hands.

Anyways the El Shiddai mom, Charmain, told me that they had been prayin for a young man to come live with the boys in the Boys dorm. She told me to pray about it. I have been for two days now and I believe its what God wants me to do. At least for a month. I have to get more pictures of this place for you. Its honestly like Heaven On Earth. On the top of a Mountain peak. It WILL be different. I am not sure what the food will be like. There will be no Internet access. So I am sorry If I cant update my Blog as much as I have been. I will be writing a lot in my journal so I wont forget the stuff that happens. This isnt a done deal but its lookin like Gods pushin me that way. And thats what this trip is for. Please keep me in your prayers in this time.

One of the boys I would live with is Ndimiso. Please CLICK HERE to learn more about his story.

We have one more day working with the group and then they go home on Friday. Its been fun being busy all the time. I am giving David a ride to the airport on Friday and if God decides I will be seeing him again before I come home.
P.S. CLICK HERE to see some of El Shaddai. These pictures are old so it has changed a lot since then but you get an Idea for the view. or you can Google search "El Shaddai Swaziland" and see more pictures.

Thank you again for all you prayers and support.

Peace&Love....SPREAD IT!!!!

2 comments:

Christi Brotherton said...

I am praying for you, Cory! God is SO AMAZING!

Because of HIS love,Christi

Robert said...

Guess you're learning not to judge people so quickly such as the drummer. Slow down and observe before you speak. It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool then to open it and remove all doubt. :)
We miss you my man. May God continue to be with you.