Sunday, August 9, 2009

Great Day

So.... I took a shuttle from the JoBurg airport to Swaziland cause it was half the price of an airplane ticket. But it was a bad Idea. The guy decided to make some money on the side. So we picked up about 15 hitch hikers periodically and he went off course to take them home. A drive that should have taken 3 and a half hours took 5 and a half hours. The flight only takes an hour. So from now on I'll take the flight.

So that was Friday. I met up with Brandon at Shirley's house and Anita made us some chicken. It was very gooood. Then we woke up on Saturday and got to go up to Project Canaan and New Hope Center. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and the wind was blowing. We got home and Anita made us some Spaghetti. I like this Anita character.


So today was by far the best day.

We woke up and got started at 6:30. We drove to execution rock (where they threw people off when they committed a crime "worthy" of death) and climbed up to the peak. AMAZING! Wait let me rewind.


So the rock is in a Mlilwane Game Park. You can drive your own car in so we paid about $3 a person to drive as far as we could to the rock before having to hike. Were on this crazy dirt road and there are TONS of animals. We had to pretty much push the warthog and Antelope out of the road with the truck. Then we come around this bend and BAM 5 Zebra's RIGHT by the road. I was tellin Brandon this was better than expensive safari's.

So we park and hiked up the rock. Its so beautiful. I keep thinking how much my mom would LO VE this place. Everywhere you look there is a breath taking view.


Brandon isgonna loose in Uno after I update this.


So we headed back down after taking a bunch of pictures. and we see a lake that says "Crocodiles" I was thinkin no way. So we pull over and were looking left and right and we dont see anything. Then all of a sudden I see one RIGHT BY ME! I freaked and jumped about 10 feet in the air. Ok maybe it wasnt RIGHT by me. but no further than 15 feet away. and it was HUGE. From the corner of my eye it looked closer. But it looked fake. So even though all the signs said "do not disturb animals" we threw a stick at it. After 3 sticks Brandon hit it and it snapped it jaws and jumped in the water. Next we saw a water Monitor. Like those huge man eating lizzards. But smaller. We did all of this before 9:30AM!


Then we hit the road to head to El Shiddai for church. Amazing like always. I shaved my head and one of the girls said "What is your name?" but I new she knew my name so I said "Jeffery" and she said "Are you Cory's brother?" and I said "NO ITS ME!" and she couldnt believe it.

Next was a trip to Emmanuel the home that needs a lot of help. And the home that my girl Nondumiso is at. it was good introducing her to Brandon. She is still so little its hard to communicate with her. I cant Wait till she learns a little more English.


Well now were home. It was a great day. And on the schedule for tomorrow?... Golf. Yeah Golf. Dont worry its cheap. And they told us that if we want its cheaper to hire a Caddie (guy who follows you around and carries your clubs) than it is to rent a cart. I guess it shows how much people get paid.


Well I hope this post finds you all in a great Place in Life. Enjoy nature.



P.S. I know I've been lagging on pictures so I'm gonna try to put some up on facebook here soon. I'll put a link on when I do.


Peace&Love....SPREAD IT!!!

No comments: