Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yellllo!

Well here I am at 1:15AM worrying about funds!!!

First of all good stuff....
This trip has been great like I expected. The people I met on this trip are amazing. So fun to be around and so many loving hearts. I got to play some music for everyone tonight and it was amazing. Whenever I play my songs for people they always say "You REAAALLY need to record this stuff!! I'd buy it in a heart beat" but I always think they say that cause they have gotten to know me. Like If they stumbled upon me on the side of the road would they think the same? I dont know. But one thing I do know is I love sharing my music with others. So the group leaves tomorrow and I will be running around with Wayne Clark (Canaan Project Manager) helping him get stuff finished up before he heads home in Sep. I am gonna miss this group like all the others.

I hate to put all this on you but I finally got the costs from HFA of what the Kenya trip costs and I decided to add up what I had spent this last 3 months. Turns out its WAYYYYY over what I had planned for!!

Staying at Shirley's had costs me 1200 (400 a month for three months) and the Kenya trip had put me back about 2000. Plus little odd buys here and there have taken me way over what I had expected to spend in the first three months.

I know that what I always said was "I'll come home when I run out of money" and I will. But I estimated it would be at least 6 months!! And its looking like now that if I decide to go back to stay at Tumaini in Kenya I might not even be able to make it to that! Since the plane cost is more than I expected as well. Maybe this is where that whole "Faith That God Will Provide" thing comes into place. I WAS in fact able to save up about $3000 separate from this trip that I was going to use to maybe drive around the states and play music when I get back, but its looking like I might dig into that fund.

So there ya go. Thats why i am up at 1:30AM. Crunching numbers trying to figure how long I can stay here with how much I have, and figuring out how much I spent w/o the Kenya trip. Although I would have never taken that trip away. I Loved every minute of the time I got to spend with all of you that came, and my brothers.

So I would like to ask you to consider making a small donation. You can make it tax deductible to my HFA account. just CLICK HERE!!!! to do that. And my Participant Code is 7001451 still. Or you can go to www.HeartForAfrica.Org and click "Donations" then "Trip Donations"

And also for those of you who have mentioned a monthly donation and have forgotten to make it (MOM!!!... hah its ok I know you dont have the greatest memory) feel free to do that now.

I hate this post. Asking for money. But its more of a reminder for those you that reallllly wanted to donate but maybe forgot to... :)

Keep me in your prayers. And please E-Mail me at FIGCWW1434@yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!

No comments: