Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wa Sap Nin?

So today I got to go the the Watoto Baby home that Evie works at. It was crazy! I spent about 2 hours there and when I first arrived I was thinking "Man I could do this all day every day" Then by the time I left I thought "OMG I could never do this" There are about 100 kids there from Premature to about 2 N a half years. It was cool when I was playing with them but when it was time to feed and change diapers I had had enough.

So Its about 8:08 PM and I'm leaving here at 3 AM to make my flight at 5AM. Then I'm heading back to JoeBurg. I'm excited to get back to a bed I'm used to. And hang out with Brandon. I land in JoeBurg at 11 then take a 5 hours shuttle to Swaziland. I think me and Brandon are going to spend some time going to the 3 orphanages and up to Project Canaan.

So What do think of Uganda?

Its not as scary as every told me it would be. Everyone kept saying "OMG dont look people in the eyes" hah. I've gotten pretty good at catching Boda's. It is just as Beautiful as Kenya. More people walking around with Guns though. Like business's that hire security will have a guy sitting out front with an AK-47. Or a Shot Gun. Today I saw a guy dressed in Camo on the back of a Boda with a bazooka. But really its not that scary. We didnt end up going to drive Quads cause it was too expensive. I didnt really have any expectations for this wing of my trip. Good thing. Most of it has been me laying around reading. I'm gonna get some pictures of some people that work here at the Adonai house and post them. Everyone who works here is sooo amazing. They all just love to talk and see how you are and what your all about.

One of the girls here visiting is from Kenya. Abigale. She is here because her doctor said she has been working to hard and needed a break. She told me that the only way she can take time off without getting fired is by getting a doctors note. We dont realize how lucky we are when it comes to work. Even though people are loosing Jobs its not anywhere near as bad as it is here. Abigale works Monday through Saturday. She wakes up at 5 and gets to work at 6. Works straight till 3 with no lunch break (she eats at her desk), Gets home and sleeps, then back to work from 6PM till 1AM. THATS A 16 HOUR DAY!!! 6 days a week. No wonder she needs a break. I didnt ask her how much she made but she told me it costs $375 to fly here and thats about what she makes in 4 months. Thank God for your Job. No matter what it is.

Well I'm hogging the computer and I think others want to use it.

So.. Till Next Time...

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!!

No comments: