Friday, August 21, 2009

Great Day.

Today was very productive. I dont know if I ever told you about Shirley's garage but it is INSANE! Just tons of stuff. Its not at all Junk its just stuff people have left and is in the midst of being dispersed. Also a lot of tools that never get used unless a group is here. But today we got to tackle that.

By we I mean "I". But thats ok. Sometimes I like workin on my own.

OMG I forgot to tell you about 2 things. First Micheal my old roommate went home! It was very sudden so I never got to tell him how much i appreciated his help. i guess he has stuff he has to take care of back in Canada.

Also the last day the group was here we got to take shoes to the children's homes. But the shoes were ALLL adult sizes. So at new hope we called and got the sizes of all the staff, all 23 of them. So we get all 23 pairs of shoes together and head to the home at about 11:30 AM. We get there and start trying to fit shoes but we have a problem. First of all most of the people here have wide feet. Our shoes arent wide. Then we found that when they told us "Size 8" they only fit into a size "10". So turns out swazi sizes are 2 sizes smaller than US sizes. In the middle of this dilemma I had to go help one of the staff jump a car and when i got there her jumper cables were broken. So we do our best and get the sizes (in US) of the 15 people that didnt get shoes and went back to the hotel to get the right shoes. But 4 of them had a size 11 shoe and we dont have size 11. only 10. So me and my new friend Robin decide to go to the store and just buy 4 pairs of size 11 shoes. They were actually cheap like 9 dollars a pair. so we finally have it right...Right?... Wrong. we get there and one of the guys will size 11 comes in and says "These are WAY too big!!!" So we forgot that if it says size "11" on the shoe than its really size "13" in US. The guys were size "11" U.S. and size "9" Swazi. So we went BACK to the store and exchanged the shoes. I finally got done at 3:30. 4 hours to fit 23 people with shoes. Ouch. Not a productive day. But today...Today was!!

We have tons of stuff that people left here for Project Canaan. So today we got to transfer all the stuff from Shirley's to the container that we are going to take to the property. It was amazing to free up the space in Shirley's garage. Wayne also took me out to lunch to thank me. I got a Thai Chicken salad with no dressing. When I asked she pointed to the bottle of "Italian" on the table... Last time I get Thai in Africa. I think Wayne knows I'm short on cash cause he keeps paying for stuff. And he also wants to take me Golfing cause he knows I love Golfing.

OMG I'M FAMOUS... Go and Google my name.... Go on.... Do it..... Top if the list. "Cory Way's Facebook." Man it feels good to be a Gangsta!

Is there NO good news? the top story is "Casual Friday at the NYSE"

Hows Obama doing? Living up to his promises? I need some comments from you people!! I'll ask some more questions. Whats your favorite thing to eat with Nutella? What the best movie you saw recently? Why does Chinese food make me poop so fast?

Ok now... COMMENT!!!

P.S. Hey I'm making a "MyBand" profile on my Facebook so I can share my music. I need pictures for the page. If you have any cool pictures of me playing music let me know. Or just E-mail them to me FIGCWW1434@yahoo.com Thanks

Peace&Love(Yes I do "LOVE", Robbin!!!)....SPREAD IT!!!

1 comment:

kaitlin said...

no comments on this? how you even asked for them...

1st: I will not answer ANY political questions, i have learned better.

2:the only time I ate nutella was in africa && i ate it with animal crackers...soooo good.

3: the ONLY movie i have seen in a while is the house to the left. you wouldn't like it. you're picky.

4: does anyone know anything about you && pooping? no!!! just that you like to say poop as much as possible.

iloveyou && miss you!!!