Thursday, August 27, 2009

Snails.

Yep. I ate them. Wayne took us to the fancy restaurant. And he got a plate of Snails and i tried one. Wasn't bad. But I'd never eat one again.

So yesterday I took Nancy to the market. I love going there. I never buy anything so its hard cause all the ladies say "Come on.... I need to feed my children.... I'm starving" but I'm pretty good at making them laugh. Usually at me. It was amazing yesterday though. I met one lady who's name was Nonshlanshla. Don't try to pronounce it or you'll feel stupid. But in English it means "Fortunate" I got to talk with her a while then I asked her if she needed prayer and she told me about her family struggles. Much like our own actually. We got to pray together and she was so joyful after. I also met a girl Temsile. She was only 23 and I guess I was flirting with her. She was very beautiful. But after I walked out of her shop the older ladies started saying it would cost 20 cows to marry her. Hah. and a Cow costs about $240.... I'm glad I said no. But its amazing how many of them are believers. You start talking about God and they say "God is sooo good to us... he always provides." Meanwhile I'm thinking "Didn't they just say they were starving". That's all part of the show though. Its amazing that what these people consider providing is much different then what we consider it to be. By God providing they mean they get enough money to buy food for their family. For us it means we get an iPhone.

My favorite verse has always been Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself....Each day carries enough troubles of its own" Its hard for me to follow that with my own life while I have $3000 in a savings account waiting for me to go back to. But these people don't. I gave them 50 Rand to split ($6) and they couldn't believe I was just giving it to them and not wanted any jewelry in return. $6!!! It's amazing what God can do with $6. I think I'm gonna spend more time with those ladies. They say they have bible study every day at 12. I'd love to join them.

So I talked to the lady in charge of Emmanuel and its already drama. HFA has put in a new building that they were going to use as a classroom and a mothers dorm but because of conflicts between the home and HFA we stopped paused working on it. All we need to finish it is hook up electricity and water. So the lady said there is no room in the home but I can stay right outside in the building IF HFA will agree to finish it. hah she's a smart one. So when I get more Info I'll let you know.

That's it for now.

P.S. I'm planning on driving an RV around and playing music when I get home. But gas is crazy expensive so I'm planning on buying one of the 4 cylinder ones. Their mostly made in the 80's and early 90's. So if anyone has one they want to sell PLEASE have them e-mail me. FIGCWW1434@yahoo.com

Peace&Love...SPREAD IT!!

No comments: